Items of personal information to be collected
When becoming a member by logging in using other social media sites, respective member's nickname, ID, and profile image will be collected from the corresponding social media site. Login is possible with email address instead of logging in with social media and email address and password will be collected.
While using the service, name, date of birth, gender, email address and mobile phone number will be collected by receiving the user's consent. When personal verification is made, name, date of birth, gender, duplicate information (DI), encoded connecting information (CI), mobile phone number and wireless network provider (upon mobile phone verification), and Korean/foreigner registration information are collected.
In addition, in the course of using services, IP addresses, payment history, service use records, records of poor use, device information, etc. may be automatically generated and collected.
Personal information collection methods
The company collects personal information to provide services in the following manner:
• Directly collected from the user during the course of subscription and use of V LIVE services
• Provided from the affiliated partners
• Collected through the created information-gathering tools
Purposes of collecting and using personal information
The company uses the collected information for the following purposes:
• To help users seamlessly access services
• To identify users and prevent illegal use of services
• To create statistical data about service use
• For surveys and analysis required to improve services
• For a lottery and prizes shipment of campaigns and events
• To identify users and respond to an inquiry when there is one from a user
• To notify depending on needs, including important notices, etc.
• To deliver information (including advertisement) and customized services provided by the Company, including V LIVE services
Usage of personal information and providing to a third party
In principle, the company does not provide any external party with the personal information of the user without prior written consent. However, exceptions are as follows:
• If the user agrees in advance
• If under the provisions of the law and regulations
|Recipient||Provided Items||Purpose for providing||Retention and usage period|
||Manage membership and provide benefits for events||Period of service|
|Ticket company||VID, name, date of birth, phone number||Consult customers who are eligible for booking benefits and handle duties on countermeasures against illegal booking||Retained for 3 months after the event ends and destroyed without delay if the purpose of use is achieved|
|Welcome Kit Manufacturer||VID, name||Process tasks necessary to fulfill FANSHIP membership benefits (Produce FANSHIP card in Welcome Kit)||Period of service|
|Welcome Kit Carrier||Recipient, contact, shipping address||Process tasks necessary to fulfill FANSHIP membership benefits (Delivery, customer inquiry)||Period of service|
Consignment of handling personal information
The company has consigned the personal information for the service supply as below.
Trustee company and consigned details
(1) Customer consultation and service operation : inComms Inc., Greenweb Inc. Service
(2) Infrastructure operation for service supply and prevention of illegal use of services: NAVER Business Platform Corp.
(3) Data backup (storage): NAVER BUSINESS PLATFORM ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD
(4) Payment processing for using paid service : Allat (credit card), KG Mobilians (mobile payment), LG Uplus (account transfer), KG Inicis (gift voucher), KS-NET (deposit without passbook)
(5) In addition to the consignees above, we use Google Analytics, a login analysis tool, for service usage and statistical analysis.
• Period of retention and use of personal information: Until withdrawing from the membership or the termination of consignment contract
Storing of personal information outside the country
• Trustee company: NAVER BUSINESS PLATFORM ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD
• Location: Hong Kong (RM 1808. 18/F HARCOURT RD ADMIRALTY HONG KONG)
• Consignment date and method: long-distance transmission using exclusive network for private company since Oct. 1, 2016
• Email address of person in charge of information: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Consignment personal information detail: All data including personal information collected in V Live services
• Consignment details: Data backup (storage) between the countries to protect user data from disasters and catastrophes
Rights of users and how to exercise the rights
• Users may examine or correct their own registered personal information at any time, and ask to have their account deleted.
• If the user asks for correction of an error in their personal information, the relevant personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is completed. In addition, if this incorrect personal information was already provided to a third party, we will notify the result of correction to the third party without delay and have it corrected.
• The company will terminate or delete personal information upon the request of the users as specified in the “Period of retention and use of personal information”, and also process not to browse or use for other purposes.
• Use of our service is restricted to children under 14.
Matters regarding installation/operation and rejection of automatic devices collecting personal information
They are used to identify the visit and use types and the volume of users of the services and websites that the users have used, and to provide optimized information to the users.
• The installation/operation and rejection of cookies
The users have the option to set cookies. The users may allow or deny the storage of cookies from the option menu which is available in the browser and OS. However, if they refuse to save cookies, some services requiring login may not be accessible.
Period of retention and use of personal information
In principle, the company will destroy the personal information of users without delay, when purposes of collecting and using personal information have been achieved. However, if there is a need to store it pursuant to the company’s internal policy or the relevant laws and regulations, it may be kept for a certain period of time.
[Cases when the personal information is kept in accordance with the laws]
• Consumer Protection Law in Electronic Commerce, etc.
Records such as contract or cancellation, etc., of an order: Five (5) years
Records regarding supply of payment, goods, etc.: Five (5) years
Records regarding consumer complaints or dispute resolutions: Three (3) years
• Protection of Communications Secrets Act
Three (3) months of storing access log records
[Cases when the personal information is kept in accordance with the company standards]
Nickname and profile image for CS processing of withdrawn member: Three (3) months
Destruction procedures and methods of personal information
The company’s destruction procedures and methods for personal information are as below:
• Destruction procedures
After the purpose of use is achieved, the information that the user entered for the service use shall be destroyed in accordance with internal policy and the relevant laws and regulations after being stored for a certain period of time. The relevant personal information shall not be used for purposes other than the storage purpose, except in cases according to the law.
• Destruction methods
Personal information printed on paper shall be destroyed in a shredder, and personal information stored as an electronic file type shall be deleted by using technical methods that will disable the reproduction of the records.