Items of personal information to be collected
In the course of using the social login for subscription, Nickname, SNS ID, and profile images will be provided. In the course of handling events and customer’s inquiry, email address and event prize shipment information may be additionally collected, and for the friend list search and invitation, the mobile phone number and the contact information which is stored in terminal address book may be utilized.
In the course of using services, IP addresses, service use records, records of poor uses, and terminal
information etc may be automatically generated and collected.
Personal information collection methods
The company collects personal information to provide services in the following methods.
• Directly collect from the user during the course of subscription and use of V LIVE services
• Provided from the affiliated partners
• Collect through the created information-gathering tools
Purposes of collecting and using personal information
The company uses the collected information for the following purposes:
• To help users to seamlessly access services
• To indentify users and prevent illegal use of services
• To create statistical data about service use
• For the survey and analysis required to improve services
• For the lottery and prizes shipment of campaigns and events
• To identify user and respond to an inquiry when there is an inquiry from a user
• To notify depending on needs, including the important notice etc
• To deliver the advertising information such as events
• In order to provide you with paid service
Sharing and supply of personal information
In principle, the company does not provide any external party with the personal information of the user without a prior written consent. However, the exceptions are as below.
• If the user agrees in advance
• If under the provisions of the laws and regulations
Consignment of handling personal information
The company has consigned the personal information for the service supply as below.
Trustee company and consigned details
(1) Customer Service: inComms
(2) Infrastructure operation for service supply and prevention of illegal use of services: NAVER Business Platform Corp.
(3) National data backup storage for the protection of user data from disasters and catastrophes, etc.: NAVER BUSINESS PLATFORM ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD)
(4) Payment processing for using the paid service : PayPal (PayPal)
• Period of retention and use of personal information: Until withdrawing from the membership or the termination of consignment contract
Rights of users and their legal representatives, and how to exercise the rights
• Users and their legal representatives may research or correct the registered personal information of their own or the concerned children under the age of 14 at any time, and ask for deleting their accounts.
• If the users ask for correction on the error of their personal information, the concerned personal information will not be used or provided until the correction is completed. In addition, if such wrong personal information was already provided to a third party, we will notify the result of correction to the third party without delay and have it corrected.
• The company has terminated or deleted the personal information upon the request of the users or their legal representatives as specified in the “Period of retention and use of personal information”, and also processed not to research or use for other purposes.
Matters about installation/operation and rejection of the automatic device collecting personal information
They are used to identify the visit and use types and the volume of the users for the services and websites that the users have used, and to provide the optimized information to the users.
• The installation/operation and rejection of cookies
The users have the options to set cookies. The users may allow or deny the storage of cookies on the option menu which is available in the browser and OS. However, if they refuse to save cookies, some services requiring a login may be difficult to use.
Period of retention and use of personal information
In principle, the company will destroy the personal information of the users without delay, when purposes of
collecting and using personal information have been achieved. However, if there is a need to store it
pursuant to the company’s internal policy or the relevant laws and regulations, it may be kept for a certain
period of time.
Destruction procedures and methods of personal information
The company’s destruction procedures and methods of personal information are as below:
• Destruction procedures
After the purpose of use is achieved, the information that the user entered for the service use shall be destroyed in accordance with the internal policy and the relevant laws and regulations after stored for a certain period of time. The concerned personal information shall not be used for purposes other than the
storage purpose except the case according to the law.
• Destruction methods
Personal information printed on paper shall be destroyed in a shredder, and personal information stored in
electronic file type shall be deleted by using technical methods that will disable the reproduction of the records.
Contact related to the privacy operation
Information Management Department (email@example.com).
third party etc, it will be notified at least 30 days before its effectiveness.